There are lots of hosting services out there today, and being able to filter through them to select the best one for your website can be tough.
So in this article, you’ll learn about some of the top hosting services out there. These hosting services have a lot of users around the globe, so you are rest assured of finding a community of people subscribed to them.
What is a Hosting Service?
A hosting service is a business that provides the necessary technologies and tools needed for a website to be accessible through the internet. In basic terms, a hosting service provides a server for hosting your website.
The Top Four
There are a lot of excellent hosting services, but in this section, you’ll get to see the best four of the lot. There’ll be a break down of the services, the pros, and cons to help you make a suitable choice.
These are the services to be discussed:
A lot of people favor Hostinger because of it’s cheap and high-quality services at a rate of $1.45 per month. With over 29 million sites using Hostinger in 178 countries, you can tell how much quality they deliver even at a cheap price.
- Uptime guarantee: Hostinger has an average uptime guarantee of 99.04%. The hosting service is making steady improvements, so the uptime guarantee will gradually increase.
- Load time: Hostinger load time is quite remarkable with an average speed of 421 milliseconds this month.
- Money-back guarantee: Hostinger offers a 30 days money back guarantee and excellent customer support in case you run into issues.
- To access the customer support, you must be logged in. So the customer live chat is accessible to its users only.
- There’s an exception to the money-back guarantee for ccTLDs like .eu, .be and .br.
Namecheap is quite popular and is one of the top hosting services housing over 7 million domains used worldwide.
With as low as $2.88, you can get a working hosting service. It’s cheaper for WordPress sites, with a service charge as little as $1 for the first month.
- Free domain: You get a free domain in return for signing up for a hosting plan, you can use the free domain with the hosting plan.
- Money-back guarantee: Namecheap offers a money-back guarantee within 30 days of a service purchase, so you can decide to back out if you aren’t satisfied with the service.
- Cheap domain names: Namecheap offers domain names at a cheap rate, with reliable service. You can decide to purchase a domain name to use with the hosting service at a cheap price.
- Customer support: Namecheap provides incredible customer support, so you can be sure any issue you face will be resolved.
- The uptime guarantee of Namecheap is not bad, but it can be better.
- Namecheap has a slow load time with an average speed of 608 milliseconds this month.
SiteGround is one of the best WordPress hosting services to use, and it is relatively cheap with a rate of $3.95 per month when compared to other WordPress web hosting services.
- Uptime guarantee: SiteGround has a fantastic average uptime guarantee of 99.99%, which is great for any site.
- WordPress hosting: SiteGround offers a high-performance WordPress hosting on all its plans such as free security add-ons, easy e-commerce installation.
- Customer support: SiteGround has excellent customer support. Customer support is available in three languages: English, Spanish, and Italian.
- SiteGround has a limited disk space with a maximum of 30Gb and minimum of 10Gb for its users.
- Load time can be better, as it has an average load time of 704 milliseconds.
- SiteGround only accepts yearly subscription, as they do not support monthly subscription.
Bluehost is a highly reliable hosting service and is one of the most used hosting services worldwide. Bluehost is also cheap with a $2.75 per month subscription rate and is being used by more than two million sites around the world. It is no doubt the least expensive when it comes to shared web hosting services.
- Uptime guarantee: Bluehost has an impressive uptime guarantee of 99.99%.
- Load time: The load time is also as impressive as the uptime percentage, with an average of 294 milliseconds this month.
- Security features: Bluehost provides necessary security features such as IP protection, SSH and two-factor authentication.
- WordPress recommendation: Bluehost is recommended by WordPress as an ideal hosting service to host WordPress sites.
- Bluehost’s customer support is average.
- The site migration service which is free on other hosting services is a paid service on Bluehost.
The four hosting services discussed in this article are the best you can find out there, as they have a high reputation and a track record of providing amazing services.
Now you can make a pick from the four, based on your needs. You should be considering the uptime guarantee, the pricing, customer support and the load time. With this, you can filter through the four and settle for the most suitable choice based on your preference and capability.