The aim of most companies and businesses is to make profit. They’re able to do this by providing their services or selling their products to customers. The more customers they have, the more profit they make. This is why an essential arm of a company is the marketing department. In the past, marketing departments use several ways to get their company’s products and services out to the people, from using ads placed on billboards and newspapers to buying airtime with TV stations and radio stations.
While companies still use these platforms to market their products and services, much better platforms have since cropped up. Most of these platforms have the internet to thank. Of the 7.8 billion people in the world today, more than half of this number are now connected to the internet. This means that you can make your business accessible to all these people. The most common way businesses take advantage of this large audience is through websites and social media.
Why Your Business Should Be Online
Because of the huge number of people connected to the internet, your product can get to a much larger number of people than any of the channels mentioned above. An online presence does the following for your business.
- It makes your company more visible: With a website or a social media account, you’re just a search away from being found. All your customers have to do is to search for companies offering a service, or selling a product in an area, and your company comes up among companies with similar products and services.
- It makes marketing easier and cheaper: Websites and social media platforms are cheap ways to disseminate information to a large number of people. Not only are you spending significantly less than you were on marketing, you are also reaching people beyond your geographical location.
- Better customer relationship: This is where social media platforms come in. With a social media account, you can easily communicate with your customers and get feedback from them wherever they may be. This enables you to serve them better. It also gives your business a human feel.
As we mentioned earlier, websites and social media platforms are the most popular ways to give your business or company an online presence. The easiest of the two is the use of social media platforms. Creating a social media account for your business can be done in no time and requires no special skill. This isn’t the case with websites though. Usually, you’ll need someone skilled in developing websites to develop one for you.
Why Your Business Need A Website
Asides bringing your business online, there are other things having a website does for your business. Although social media goes a long way in bringing your business online, it is still limited in a lot of ways. Unlike social media platforms where you’re limited to how the platform wants you to display information, you can design your website anyhow you want it. Here are some of the reasons your business needs a website.
- It increases credibility: Having a website gives your business some form of credibility. Most companies and businesses now have a website. Imagine a customer is searching for providers of a certain service and the search engine presents the customer with a list of companies that offers that service. If your company is present in that list, but only has a social media account, it is likely to be ignored. A website tells your customers you’re serious, and that you’re here to stay.
- It is accessible: A website can always be accessed by anyone, from anywhere, and at anytime provided you’re connected to the internet and have a browser. A customer can always visit your website to get information whenever they need it.
- It saves you time: In the absence of a website, you would have to keep repeating most of the information you want to disseminate to your customers. A website allows you to display content that can be accessed whenever it’s needed, without the need to repeat the same information for every person that needs it. All these reduces the time you spend on answering customer queries on your social media platform and frees you to do other things.
- It gives you more control: As good as social media platforms are, they have certain terms and conditions that guide information put up on it. Some of them might have restrictions that prevent you from doing certain things. Also, should anything happen to the social media platform such as a data breach or server failure, your business could be adversely affected. Having a website solves all these potential problems.
Not Just Any Website, A Professional One
Developing a website isn’t so hard nowadays. You can easily build a website yourself with no web developer. But remember, your website is probably the first place a potential customer gets to know about your company. So it’s important your website is attractive and professional looking.
Developing your business website yourself isn’t often a good idea as you might not get the professional look you want. Instead, you can employ a web developer to build the site for you. There’s a slight problem with this though. Web developers are expensive to maintain. Do, if you only need them to develop your website, it’s unnecessary to employ one. The best thing to do is to outsource the development to a software development company or a web development company.
MoreWeb is a web development company that provides you with a professional and beautiful looking website based on your needs. They go through a well-defined process to create your website, beginning from making research to launching it. Aside from developing your website for you, they also make sure they’re search engine optimized(SEO) for a high ranking on search engine result pages. You can check out their website at MoreWeb.nl for more information.